We have been expecting this change ever since Google made changes to the website version of Gmail. With a new color theme, the easiness was visible, and now you can get this on your app as well.
In July 2018, Google previewed the material theme for Gmail for Androids, but now you can get your hands on it as it is available now for everyone.
According to the company, the new changes are very much those changes which the website faced last year, and now you can see them as well on your Gmail app.
The company also said that different density views will be available as well such as comfortable, compact and Default.
Changes To Be Observed:
Few of the changes that you will be observed are as under:
- The top bar color changes to the typical Gmail style of red.
- The accent has been removed.
- The new colored Fab for composing messages is just like the website.
- Bright design of the backgrounds ensures easy readability which also makes other colors to stand out prominently.
- All levels are graded, and dangerous messages get big red sign for alert.
The search bar is at the top which also shows the profile icon on the right.