We know what a big headache it is to bring more than one mobile phones in Pakistan because then we have to go through the mind-numbing process of registration and customs. But the government is ready to help its people in this regard.
The government is going to launch an online portal through which the registration can be done online, and it will save you from a lot of hassle. This online portal will be ready to get soft testing on January 25th.
Government take on this matter
The Ministry of Information Technology (IT), Pakistan Telecommunication Authorities and the members from the Customs have informed the Senate Standing Committee that government plans to launch an online website which will provide maximum help in registering the mobile phones and paying their customs while being online.
This step was taken by the current government to bring as much ease as possible to their international passengers who wish to carry more than one mobile phone, but they are afraid of standing in long queues just to get their phones to register either at the airport of at custom’s offices.
The government has explained simple steps, and if you are to follow them, you will get done with this grueling process in no time, and it can be done within 15 days of their arrival.
How to register phone online
- International travelers will need to sign in to DIRBS.gov.pk and submit a request.
- An IMEI number for verification will be asked for.
- Proper checking of the IMEI number will happen and making sure that the number is not cloned or reported stolen.
- After the confirmation, the system will whitelist the IMEI number and registers it against your name.
How to pay customs online
- If the traveler is carrying more than one mobile phone, then he or she is due to pay their due taxes, and that too can be done online. Just follow the following steps, and it can be done in no time.
- Individuals will enter their CNIC number, Passport number and IMEI number in the web portal that the government has destined for this purpose.
- After confirmation and verification, the system will generate a Payment Slip Identity Code (PSID) with duties and taxes
- The individuals will have the pay the taxes through banks, mobile wallets or any other course of the online transfer.
- It is noteworthy here that this online portal will accept payments from all banks, ATMs and mobile wallets.